The Island: A Thriller (A Dewey Andreas Novel #9) (Mass Market)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 9 in the A Dewey Andreas Novel series.
- #1: Power Down (A Dewey Andreas Novel #1) (Mass Market): $11.99
- #2: Coup d'Etat: A Dewey Andreas Novel (Mass Market): $14.99
- #3: The Last Refuge: A Dewey Andreas Novel (Mass Market): $11.99
- #4: Eye for an Eye: A Dewey Andreas Novel (Mass Market): $11.99
- #5: Independence Day: A Dewey Andreas Novel (Mass Market): $11.99
- #6: First Strike: A Thriller (A Dewey Andreas Novel #6) (Mass Market): $14.99
- #7: Trap the Devil: A Thriller (A Dewey Andreas Novel #7) (Mass Market): $11.99
- #8: Bloody Sunday: A Thriller (A Dewey Andreas Novel #8) (Hardcover): Email or call for price.
CIA operative Dewey Andreas is America's last line of defense when terrorists take over Manhattan, targeting the U.N. and the President himself in The Island, the next in this New York Times bestselling series by Ben Coes.
America is about to face the deadliest terrorist attack on it's soil since 9/11. Iran has been planning a revenge attack for years, with three goals in mind. Bring America to its knees. Assassinate the popular U.S. President J. P. Dellenbaugh. And neutralize their most successful agent, Dewey Andreas.
The first pre-emptive attack against Dewey Andreas fails but it worries the head of the CIA enough that he sends Dewey out of town and off the grid. But as intelligence analysts work as fast as they can to unravel the chatter on terrorist networks, Muhammed el-Shakib, head of Iran's military and intelligence agency, launches a bold strike. When the President arrives in New York to address the U.N., embedded terrorist assets blow up the bridges and tunnels that connect Manhattan to the mainland. Taking control of the island with it's hidden forces, they race to the U.N. in search of Dellenbaugh and to launch an even deadlier attack that will wreak unimaginable destruction on the country itself.
While a shocked country struggles to mount a counter-attack, a hopeless, outmanned and outgunned Dewey Andreas sneaks onto the island of Manhattan to fight a seemingly impossible battle.
About the Author
BEN COES is the author of the critically acclaimed Power Down and Coup d’Etat. He is a former speechwriter for the George H .W. Bush White House, worked for Boone Pickens, was a fellow at the JFK School of Government at Harvard, a campaign manager for Mitt Romney’s run for governor in 2002, and is currently a partner in a private equity company out of Boston. He lives in Wellesley, Mass.
"All thrillers should be as good as this one, which is why I highly recommend it. Coes will know what I mean when I suggest you keep an eye out for it." --Bookreporter
"Opens with a resounding bang -- literally -- and never lets up from there...no question that this is his finest work to date." --The Real Book Spy